: Classifieds : MyJU :
Stories: News
Browse News Stories: « Previous Story | Next Story »

Y-Plate vehicles now subject to local law

Date Posted: 2004-07-29

Y-number cars will be required to have parking permits starting Sep. 1.

The requirement applies to military members who live off-base. Those living in on-base housing are not required to get the parking permit.

The agreement to begin requiring the permits was made at a July 20 meeting between representatives of both governments.

The requirement means that a military person living off-base who wants to register a car must prove that he or she has a valid parking space. For that, an official form must be filed and the official stamp of the land owner obtained. The form is then submitted to the police station, which then confirms that the space actually exists.

Military personnel currently own 58,000 private cars in Japan, most of which are registered on-base. Only a very few are registered off-base.

Browse News Stories: « Previous Story | Next Story »

weather currency health and beauty restaurants Yellowpages JU Blog

OkistyleOkistyleJU Facebook

Go to advertising PDF?||?|o?L?qAE?|?}?OA?N?ga`OkiStyle?A??q?qM?oeu^?I`??N?gX?<eth>?<ETH>?ni^?IWanted!!Golden Kings ScheduleOkiNightSeeker