: Classifieds : MyJU :
Stories: News
Browse News Stories: « Previous Story | Next Story »

Heater starts fire, house burns down

Date Posted: 1998-02-21

A Kadena Town man rigged an electric stove under a table to make a makeshift kotatsu, a Japanese style table which is designed to keep person's feet warm under the table, Wednesday.

With the stove warming his feet, the man fell asleep. About midnight, the man woke up feeling something hot on his legs and when he looked, his makeshift kotatsu was on fire. He first tried to beat the flames with a blanket in order to put the fire off but to no avail. he then called the fire department, but by the time the firemen arrived, the house was engulfed in flames. The unlucky man escaped without injury, but is in need of a new home.

Browse News Stories: « Previous Story | Next Story »

weather currency health and beauty restaurants Yellowpages JU Blog

JU FacebookOkistyleOkistyle

Go to advertising PDF?||?|o?L?qAE?|?}?OA?N?ga`OkiStyle?A??q?qM?oeu^?I`??N?gX?<eth>?<ETH>?ni^?IWanted!!Golden Kings ScheduleOkiNightSeeker