Although the annual Uruma Festival has been known for its bullfighting tournament in the past, this year organizers have decided to expand the program...Read More
- Man arrested for shooting video up woman’s skirt [News]
- Elderly man drowns after falling in ocean [News]
- Little boy critical after being hit by mini car [News]
- Marine arrested for assault with beer jug [News]
- Aiko Shimajiri new Minister of Okinawa and Northern Territories [News]
- Female store clerk thwarts robbery attempt [News]
- Collision with car injures biking high school boy [News]
- Salmonella infection nets bento store suspension [News]
- English teacher’s assistant arrested for alleged sexual assault [News]
- Motorcyclist dies in crash after losing control [News]
- U.S. Soldier arrested after refusing breathalyzer test [News]
- Okinawa athletes shine in National Sports Festival [Sports]
- E. coli O121 infection outbreak identified in Naha [Health & Beauty]
Somen are a thin, white wheat noodles and very in Okinawa. In mainland Japan, people eat somen noodles with a dipping sauce but in Okinawa, it’s more common to make fried noodles or put them in a soup. You can make a really quick fried noodle dish as somen only require 2 to 3 minutes boiling time. Ingredients 3 bundles of somen noodles 3 oz sliced pork belly 2 tbs sesame oil 1/8 cabbage, sliced 5 blanches Chinese chives, cut 2-inch long 1/3 carrot, sliced into thin rectangles 1 pkg bonito fish f...Read More
JEF is the one true original fast food chain on Okinawa, with branches at four locations on Okinawa main island only.
The way food at JEF is served is straight from the American 50’s, in which customer can drive into a parking slot, place an order, get the food delivered and then eat on the spot without ever leaving the car.
The real difference is JEF’s original menu. JEF’s iconic Okinawan menu relies heavily on goya vegetable, and includes Goya Burgers, Goya Fries and fresh Goya Juice!!
Many people can imagine how bitter they are, but they are guaranteed to be really good for your health!!