Haunted houses are a part of the landscape during midsummer in Japan when, according to tradition, the chills caused by scary experiences help to ward...Read More
- Four hospitalized after lightning strike on beach [News]
- Riders on Mihama Ferris wheel stranded for hours [News]
- Visitor accommodations largest ever in Okinawa [Business]
- Eight men arrested for possession of cannabis [News]
- FM Ginowan opens satellite studio on beach [Community]
- Yaese to open new tourist center next spring [Business]
- Nago woman loses ¥2.14 million to computer scam [News]
- Kadena airman nabbed for DUI [News]
- School excursions to Okinawa decrease 3% [News]
- JASDF F-15 blocks runway, delays fights at Naha Airport [News]
- Record number of localized torrential rains expected [News]
- 29,000 students use tuition assistance in Okinawa [News]
- Tourist target of police car chase in Naha [News]
By Naoko Ogura-Gayler Ingredients To serve 4 4 oz. sliced pork or beef 2 potatoes 1 carrot 1/2 onion 2 tbs soy sauce 3 tbs sweet sake Mirin Green beans 1/2 tbs vegetable oil Directions Prepare the vegetables. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Cut carrot and onion into chunks. Boil green beans with a little salt and slice diagonally. Heat vegetables in a saucepan and cook the meat until it changes color and add the potatoes, carrot and onion. Mix and cook the meat and vegetables for 3 minutes....Read More
Okinawa Meiji Milk Products Co.,Ltd., a maker of milk, iced tea, coffee, yogurt, pudding, jelly, and ice cream, concluded 16 years ago a contract with Nippon TV for the rights to use “Anpanman” on an ice cream package.
The Anpanman Ice Cream (Anpanman Popsicle) has been sold since 1990 but only within Okinawa, and it features a strong milk taste and chocolate sauce filling.
All convenience stores and grocery shops sell the ice cream for ¥63 yen. The package contains a lucky number, and if the number is right, the store where the winning ice cream was bought gives the buyer one more for free.
A new version of the ice cream started selling in April 2016. The new ice cream has “Dokin-chan,” one of the Anpanman cartoon characters on the package, strawberry flavor and condensed milk filling.