Seasoned cod roe spaghetti
I have been writing my recipes for this corner for some time and I think we are now ready to challenge a cod roe dish! Once you taste this, you will love it but even if you don’t like it, seasoned cod roe (mentaiko) is very Japanese food and worth a try!
- 2 bundles of spaghetti or any shape pasta, boiled and cooked
- 3-4 oz mentaiko, seasoned cod roe
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- Salt and pepper
- 3 shiso, beefsteak plant leaves, cut into thin strips
- Seasoned cod roe looks like uncooked sausages. To prepare for this dish, cut the cod roe in half and squeeze out the roe from the roe bag.
- Heat the butter in a pan and let it melt.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the cod roe. Cook for 1 minute on a middle heat.
- Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Add the spaghetti, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Dish up the spaghetti and garnish with shiso on top.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.