Yakitori – Barbecued chicken on skewer
- 1 packet chicken breasts or thighs for yakitori
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbs sweet sake mirin みりん
- 2 tbs cooking sake 料理酒
- 1 tbs sugar
- Mix ingredients for sauce in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce starts boiling, turn the heat down to low and cook one minute more.
- Let the sauce cool down.
- Once the sauce has cooled down, soak the meat in the sauce for 20 minutes.
- Barbeque the chicken pieces.
- Coat chicken with sauce before eating.
You can find skewered chicken at supermarkets, or buy bamboo skewers and meat separately to prepare at home. Remember to cut the chicken into even size pieces to cook it evenly.
Dipping the yakitori into the sauce a few times while barbequing gives it stronger flavor.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.