Amazuankake – Sweet and sour sauce with fish
Category: [ Cooking Recipe ]
Sweet and sour sauce
- 3 tbs vinegar
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tbs potato starch
- 15 oz (or 8 pieces) white fish fillets
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 tbs potato starch
- 1/4 thinly sliced onion
- Cut the fish into 2-inch-squares and season with salt and pepper.
- Put 3 tbs of potato starch into a bowl, and mix with the fish.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and cook the fish through. The potato starch makes the fried fish nice crispy.
- Mix all sweet and sour sauce ingredients well in a different pan.
- Cook the sauce mix on a low heat until it becomes thick, which happens when it’s just past boiling temperature.
- Place the fish on a plate and pour the sauce over it. Sprinkle sliced onions on top.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.