Renkon itame – Lotus root with balsamic vinegar
Category: [ Cooking Recipe ]
Have you seen a lotus root in a Japanese market and wondered how to use it? This is one of my favorite ways to cook the lotus root. The lotus root doesn’t have a strong taste itself but it’s crunchy and soaks up a sauce really well.
- 1 pack lotus roots, sliced
- 3 oz bacon, cut into half inches
- 2 eryngi mushrooms, cut into half-lengths and then sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the bacon, add the eryngi mushrooms and cook until they soak up the oil and become soft.
- Add lotus roots and salt. Mix well and heat about 3 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and mix well.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.