Nikujaga – Braised meat and potatoes
Category: [ Cooking Recipe ]
By Naoko Ogura-Gayler
To serve 4
- 4 oz. sliced pork or beef
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs sweet sake Mirin
- Green beans
- 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- Prepare the vegetables. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Cut carrot and onion into chunks. Boil green beans with a little salt and slice diagonally.
- Heat vegetables in a saucepan and cook the meat until it changes color and add the potatoes, carrot and onion. Mix and cook the meat and vegetables for 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet sake and pour in water until it just covers the meat and vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add soy sauce and cook another 10 minutes.
- Dish up and sprinkle green beans for garnish.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.