Nasudengaku – Sweet miso and eggplant
By Naoko Ogura-Gayler
To serve 4
- 3 eggplants
- 4 tbs miso paste
- 3 tbs water
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs mirin (sweet sake)
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- Roasted sesame and scallion for garnish
- Mix water, miso paste, sugar and mirin in a pan. Heat up to caramelize the mixture until it becomes a thick paste, and put aside.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into halves and then cut in two. Make a few slits on the skin.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and cook eggplants until they soak up the oil and become soft.
- Place the eggplants on a plate and spread sweet miso paste on them.
- Sprinkle sesame and scallion for garnish.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.