Mozukusu – mozuku seaweed in vinegar
Category: [ Cooking Recipe ]
To serve 4
- 50g mozuku seaweed
- 10g dried daikon, (切り干し大根 kiriboshidaikon)
- One cucumber sliced into discs.
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tsp mirin
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar
Salted, non-flavored mozuku is usually sold in the fish shelf section of supermarkets. It’s usually sold on white trays or in plastic bags.
- Wash mozuku in fresh water. Soak it and dried daikon in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and chop the mozuku and daikon into easy to eat length.
- Slice the cucumber.
- Place the mozuku, daikon and cucumber slices in a bowl and add rice vinegar, soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Mix well.
- Dish up in small bowls.
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday.