Norovirus infects visiting high school students

The Okinawa Prefecture Community Health Division announced Wednesday that six of high school students visiting Okinawa on a school trip had developed a food poisoning caused by norovirus.

According to the Okinawa Prefectural Government officials, the students had a meal at Taiwanese restaurant ‘Katharine’ in Okinawa City in November. One of the students was hospitalized in Niigata Prefecture on their way home.

The restaurant voluntarily closed from Nov. 29th through Dec. 1st, and the prefectural government ordered the restaurant to suspend its business for and additional two days starting from Dec. 2nd.

00:01 22 Oct , 2016