Salmonella infection nets bento store suspension

The Okinawa Prefectural Community Health Division announced Oct. 8th that three persons who had eaten a bento lunch purchased from Kariyushi Bento Store in Okinawa City on Sep. 9th had become sick with symptoms of a salmonella infection.

The three suffered from diarrhea, fever and vomiting. Salmonella was subsequently detected in two of them.

Inspectors from the Prefectural Government detected the same bacteria from a refrigerator and a freezer in the store. The Chubu Regional Public Health Center identified the infections as a food poisoning case, and ordered the store to suspend business for five days from Oct. 8th.

The three people who fell ill have all recovered already.

08:33 29 Oct , 2016