Shabushabu salad – Boiled pork with sesame dressing
I know a lot of people find sesame dressing addictive. Sorry to spoil the fun, but did you know it has a high calorific value? I love sesame dressing as well, so this is a healthy, less guilty way to enjoy it.
To serve 2
- 1/4 island tofu shimadofu
- 2 tbs white ground sesame
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs broth
- 2 tbs water
- 5 oz sliced pork, shabushabu cut しゃぶしゃぶ
- Salad, such as a green salad.
1. Place the sesame dressing ingredients in a food processor and mix until creamy and smooth.
2. Bring water t a boil in a saucepan and cook the pork lightly. Once the meat changes color it’s done. Don’t overcook the meat, in order to keep it tender. Leave it in a sieve until it cools down.
3. Put the meat on top of the salad and then pour the dressing over the dish.
Summer kids cooking workshop
Child – ¥2,500; Adult – ¥3,500
A fun cooking class with kids. Learn and enjoy local food and culture through food!
Main dishes: as-you-like-it okonomiyaki pancake, yakisoba, kids’ curry
Deserts: kakigoori with homemade syrup, Okinawa doughnuts, purple sweet potato buns.
Let’s roll-sushi class Saturday July 25th – ¥5,000 per person
Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan Village, Okinawa 904-0322. Closed on Sunday.