Daikon and Pork Braise
I noticed a lot of people are wondering how to use daikon radish when I do a supermarket tour. There are so many dishes you can cook using daikon.
• 1/3 daikon radish
• 4 oz sliced pork cut into bite-size pieces
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sweet sake mirin
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• Sliced Japanese leek for garnish
1. Cut the daikon into one-inch slices and quarter each slice.
2. Heat sesame oil in a saucepan and fry the pork. Once the pork is cooked, add the daikon and mix well.
3. Add one cup of water, soy sauce, sweet sake and sugar. Bring it to a boil skimming off any foam from the surface.
4. Put the lid on and cook until the daikon is soft (about 20 minutes).
5. Garnish with sliced Japanese leek and serve.
Introducing Okinawa Cooking ¥16,000 for 4 classes
Every Tuesday starting from February 24th
Every Saturday starting from February 28th
Four-week course to learn about local vegetables and how to cook them. Start with a farmers’ market and supermarket tour, after which we will cook a lot of local dishes.
Experience Home Cooking and other private classes are also available from ¥5,500 per person.
A perfect activity for family and friends. Is your family visiting you in Okinawa? Learn culture through food and enjoy cooking and eating.
Website: okinawa-cooking.com Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sundays