Curry Soba – curry with buckwheat noodles
Curry with noodles? You might think this is a bad idea but actually it’s really nice. There are not many buckwheat soba restaurants on Okinawa but there are a lot of them in mainland, and you will find curry soba on their menu. Although Okinawa is still warm compared to other parts of Japan, the weather is still cold. So let’s get warm eating a spicy and hot bowl of curry noodles.
• 4 cups water
• 2 curry blocks
• 1 thumb length Japanese leek sliced
• 1 thumb length carrots sliced
• Chopped radish leaves
*you can use other vegetables or skip using if you can’t find any.
• 2 oz pork or chicken cut into bite-size pieces
• 1 dashi powder stick (kelp dashi stock in picture)
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 2 bundles Japanese soba noodles
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the meat, add all vegetables and mix well for one minute.
2. Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once vegetables are cooked, add curry blocks and dashi powder.
3. In a different saucepan, bring about 6 cups of water to a boil and cook the soba noodles on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Be careful that the noodles don’t stick to the bottom of the pan or each other.
4. Then drain the noodles using a sieve.
5. Serve the soba into a bowl and pour the curry soup over= the noodles
Saturday 7th February 10:30am – Let’s roll sushi!
You will learn to make really beautiful and tasty sushi rolls and temari sushi.
The sushi we make in this class is great to enjoy at home, but you can also make it for a party. I am sure that your sushi will impress your guests.
Website: okinawa-cooking.com Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.school.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday