Shimadofu with kimchi salad
Have you seen shimadofu at local supermarkets? If you shop locally I bet you have. Many of my cooking class students say they have seen it but have no clue how to use it. So, here is a super simple recipe using shimadofu.Ingredients • ½ shimadofu
• 2 to 3 oz kimchi
• 2 to 3 Korean seaweed sheets
• 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Gently cut the tofu into portion-size cubes, but make sure you keep the tofu’s shape.
2. Place the shimadofu on a plate.
3. Place the kimchi on the top of the shimadofu.
4. Tear the Korean seaweed sheets into small bits and place on top of the kimchi.
5. Sprinkle it all with sesame oil.
You can also eat the shimadofu with a bit of soy sauce, grounded ginger and thin sliced Japanese leek. The shimadofu itself doesn’t have a strong flavour so you can add something you like, such as cheese.
This month class information:
Friday 23rd January 10:30am – Let’s roll sushi!
Saturday 31st January 10:30am – Let’s roll sushi!
You will learn to make really beautiful and tasty sushi rolls and temari sushi.
The sushi we make in this class is great to enjoy at home, but you can also make it for a party. I am sure that your sushi will impress your guests.
Website: okinawa-cooking.com Facebook: facebook.com/cooking.with.nao Tel: 098-955-5311 Address: 862-1 Namihira, Yomitan village, Okinawa 904-0322 Closed on Sunday