Food poisoning nets three-day closure for pub in Chatan

A pub serving charcoal-roasted meals was ordered to close business three days through Apr. 10, after three of its customers fell ill. The subsequent investigation by health inspectors concluded that all three had eaten chicken liver served in the pub.

The three had eaten at the pub on Mar. 22, and shortly afterwards fell ill showing food poisoning symptoms including fever and diarrhea. The three were not hospitalized and have since recovered.

Following the incident, the Okinawa Prefecture Community Health Division inspected the premises, and detected campylobacter. Inspectors concluded that it was the cause of the poisoning and ordered the restaurant suspended until Apr. 10.