Food poisoning kills raw chicken from pub menu

Okinawa Prefecture Environment and Living Division announced Dec. 21 that two men of a group of three men in their 20’s who ate dishes at restaurant Ashidori in Izumizaki, Naha City, on Dec. 1, came down with a stomachache, fever and diarrhea. A medical check determined that a germ called campylobacter that causes food poisoning was detected from their feces.

Neither of the men had to be hospitalized.

The Prefecture Central Health Center ordered the pub to stop its business from Dec. 22 to 26, and also to remove items that contain raw chicken meat from their menu.