By Jun Ikemura Yaese is a new town created by the merger of Kochinda Town and Gushikami Village in 2006, the name originating from the Yaese hills wit...Read More
- Marine Major’s hit-and-run case handed over to prosecutors [News]
- Onaga meets press before trip to U.S. [News]
- Businessman arrested for beating brother to death [News]
- Man arrested for trying to kill wife in car crash [News]
- Female clerk found having embezzled millions from PTA [News]
- Tigerair to become fifth airline to fly Naha-Taipei route [Business]
- Marine arrested for beating up girlfriend [News]
- Young man drowns in river in Kunigami [News]
- Rainy season has arrived [News]
- New ‘Kariyushi’ shirts use “washi” paper thread [Business]
- Eight trombidiasis case in Okinawa since 2008 confirmed [News]
- Large protest rally against Henoko construction held in Onoyama [News]
- Okinawa marks 43rd anniversary of reversion to Japan [Politics]
When you order a set meal at Japanese restaurants, you often find this kind of small dish. We call these pickled dishes sunomono and also hashiyasume. Hashiyasume means “a dish to rest your chopsticks”. These seasoned-with-vinegar dishes will refresh your mouth between main and side dishes. Japanese people also eat these pickled dishes while they chit-chat over green tea or drink alcohol. Naoko Ogura-Gayler Ingredients To serve 4 • 2 cucumbers • 1 to 2 tsp dried chilli (depending on how spicy yo...Read More
Banshiru is guava in Okinawan dialect, and you can find many guava trees growing on the yards of Okinawan private houses.
Guava is not especially well-known fruit in mainland Japan, and most visitors are surprised when they actually see one. It smells very nice and also tastes good! Guava tea is popular in Okinawa, and you can buy at any supermarket.
Guava is said to be good for reducing blood glucose level and also a good antioxidant.