Haunted houses are a part of the landscape during midsummer in Japan when, according to tradition, the chills caused by scary experiences help to ward...Read More
- School excursions to Okinawa decrease 3% [News]
- JASDF F-15 blocks runway, delays fights at Naha Airport [News]
- Record number of localized torrential rains expected [News]
- 29,000 students use tuition assistance in Okinawa [News]
- Tourist target of police car chase in Naha [News]
- ORIX opens special outlet for elderly, expecting mothers [News]
- Man arrested on suspicion of murdering younger brother [News]
- 100 days to Worldwide Uchinanchu Festival [News]
- Only 14% of Okinawa residents think genders equal [Family]
- Airport passageway opens [News]
- Container cargo increases at three Okinawa ports [Business]
- Female scuba diver dies near Manzamo [News]
- Kadena High School to represent Okinawa at Koshien [Sports]
Ingredients (for 2 people) ・1 bag of Okra (about 10 to 15 ea.) ・1 bag (3g) dried bonito flakes ・Ponzu sauce (soy sauce with citrus juice) to taste ・Ocean salt Directions Sprinkle ocean salt on a cutting board and rub Okra on it. Remove the fuzz and wash. Boil about 1 minute and wash. Chop into 2 to 3 mm thick slices. Sprinkle over with dried bonito and add Ponzu to taste....Read More
Okinawa Meiji Milk Products Co.,Ltd., a maker of milk, iced tea, coffee, yogurt, pudding, jelly, and ice cream, concluded 16 years ago a contract with Nippon TV for the rights to use “Anpanman” on an ice cream package.
The Anpanman Ice Cream (Anpanman Popsicle) has been sold since 1990 but only within Okinawa, and it features a strong milk taste and chocolate sauce filling.
All convenience stores and grocery shops sell the ice cream for ¥63 yen. The package contains a lucky number, and if the number is right, the store where the winning ice cream was bought gives the buyer one more for free.
A new version of the ice cream started selling in April 2016. The new ice cream has “Dokin-chan,” one of the Anpanman cartoon characters on the package, strawberry flavor and condensed milk filling.